We welcome you into our community!
- Please be mindful of Powderhorn Park residents when driving & parking on the street. Do not leave your motors running. Watch for children!
- MN Sales Tax for non-wearable art is 7.775%. You are required to have a MN Tax ID number for selling at Powderhorn Art Fair. Also, we need a signed ST-19 form at check-in-you can download from our site. We’ll have some at entry. Read more Tax Info here.
- Please bring reusable containers for water, beverages and food to help keep trash to a minimum.
- Please use the blue recycle cans. The green cans are for garbage.
Setup, Tear-down, Check-in/out & other important information
Check-in/out located at the Main Entrance of Park on 15th Ave. S.
- All standard size vehicles must move clockwise around the lake for load-in/load-out
- All oversize vehicles move clockwise for load-in and counter clockwise for load-out,
- Oversize—For safety please contact a traffic assistant to aid you when leaving the Park
- Check-in time: Friday, noon – 8 pm.
- All vehicles must be out of the Park by 8:30 pm.
If you absolutely can not check-in Friday and must check-in on Saturday:
- Arrival time Saturday & Sunday: 6:30 am – 8:30 am
- All vehicles must be out of park by 9:00 am (Art Fair starts at 10 am)
Check-out: at least 1/2 hour after event closes both Saturday & Sunday
- For smooth traffic flow and safety, we have created a staggered Check-out and Load-out schedule. We will have a traffic crew to assist you in this procedure. Tear down your booth and wait for the appropriate time to move your vehicle.
- Standard size vehicles must move clockwise around the lake for load-in/load-out
- Oversize vehicles move clockwise for load-in and counter clockwise for load-out,
- Oversize: for safety please contact a traffic assistant to aid you when leaving the Park
Times for vehicle load-out start are as follows:
- Artists: 1/2 Hour after event closes. Sat 6:30 pm, Sun 5:30 pm
- Food Vendors: 1 hour after event closes. Sat 7 pm, Sun 6 pm
- Oversized vehicles (artists/food vendors): 1½ hours after event closes Sat 7:30 pm, Sun 6:30 pm
Re-entering the park Sat & Sun evenings for load out (see map below)
- Artist Vehicles Line Up on WEST Side of 15th Avenue.
- Traffic Flows Begins @ 6:30 pm on Sat. and 5:30 pm on Sun.
- Food Vendor AND Oversized Vehicles Line Up on EAST Side of 15th Avenue.
- Traffic Flows Begins @ 7 pm on Sat. and 6 pm on Sun.
Set-up/tear-down Safety Concerns
- Please use extreme caution while driving in the Park
- All traffic must drive clockwise around the lake.
- Once you’ve arrived at your location, unload & move your vehicle before setting up your booth.
- When checking out, tear down your booth before retrieving your vehicle.
- If you have an oversize vehicle and did not indicate so on your application, please notify Dixie.
Set-up/tear-down General Concerns
- Booth sizes are restricted to a single 10×10 tent
- Only one tent is allowed per space. No electricity.
- Dressing rooms and/or shade shelters must be located behind your tent and occupy an area smaller than 10×10.
- Hours of operation are: Saturday 10 am – 6 pm & Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
- Security police will be on site from 7 pm – 6 am Friday and Saturday.
- Any items or property left on site are the sole responsibility of the artist. We recommend you take valuables off-site each night.
- Powderhorn Art Fair assumes no responsibility in the event of loss or theft.
Please note: Cars are allowed into the park at the sole discretion of the Park Director. Because of crowd safety issues and other related concerns, Check-in/out times on Saturday and Sunday may vary slightly. In the event of a delay we ask for your patience. Our principal concern is with the safe operation of this event.
Overnight parking on the street
The City of Minneapolis requires you to have a permit for overnight street parking if your vehicle is large. Cars, vans, small trucks do not need a permit.
Those who need the permit:
- exhibitors only, trucks greater that 3 tons, trailers, RV s.
- There is no fee for the permit. If you need one please contact Dixie when you check-in.
- Permits must be displayed on the dashboard of vehicle and on the trailer.
Park Building & Other Information
- Severe Weather: we will monitor weather-if severe weather occurs .ie. tornado, etc, we will notify you.
- Please go to the park building for shelter (see map in program).
- Artist’s Lounge for relaxation, light snack foods, indoor restrooms – open Sat & Sun, starting at 8am-enter in upper lakeside door – name tag required
- Late breaking news will be posted in the Artist’s Lounge located in the Park Building
- Judging for awards will take place on Saturday. Award winners will be posted Sunday in the Artist’s Lounge.
- First Aid- PAF has 2 EMTs on site at all times and Lost Child Stations are at the park building.
- Booth sitters are available-if you need one and did not request it on your application, please contact Dixie: email@example.com
- Powderhorn Art Fair T-Shirts will be sold at the T-shirt booth by the park building- $2 artist discount
- See the Artists page for your booth number
- See the Info for Artists page for map, hotel & other info.
(Click map to download a printable PDF version)